“Down to Earth” – Search Engine and Website Facts
Taking the top Search Engine in today’s world – Google – they specify the position of a website in its search results by on-page factors and off-page factors.
On-page factors are all factors that can be found on your web pages:
* Can search engines find all pages of your website through the links on your website?
* Is the HTML code of your web pages error free so that search engine spiders can easily parse your pages?
* Does your robots.txt file allow search engine spiders to visit your web pages?
* Did you optimize the web page for the targeted keyword?
* Are your web pages free of all spam elements (no hidden text, no sneaky redirects, no keyword stuffing, cloaking, etc.?
Off-page factors are the factors that cannot be found on your web pages:
* How many websites link to your site?
* Are these links from related high quality pages?
* Do social bookmark websites link to your site?
* Do the links to your website include the keywords for which you want to be ranked highly?
All of these factors are important if you want to get high rankings on Google, Yahoo and Bing. The majority of business owners wear many hats and most cannot be excellent at all facets required. We hire qualified people to be “Sales Manager”, “Office Manager”, “Accounting” “Marketing” and etc. In our fast paced world, one individual, in majority of cases, cannot be all things or do all things perfectly. The same is true when it comes to your website – design, appearance, navigation, products, and getting your site found and viewed through “search engines” (browsers”). Choose a firm that specializes in this facet of business and watch your online business grow.
Stay tuned for more to come.. or contact Dreamcatcher Consulting for your website.